Gemidan Ecogi A/S
is part of the leading Gemidan A/S
resource recovery group which supports resource sustainability and the circular economy in Denmark.
ECOGI is a high-performance food waste pre-treatment technology
developed by Gemidan Ecogi A/S
using over 8 years’ experience in commercial scale processing of domestic and industrial source separated food waste. The end product using ECOGI
is a high-quality substrate for biogas generation.
Throughout development ECOGI
has been subjected to rigorous and comprehensive independent process monitoring. In 2016 ECOGI
was one of a very select number of technologies to be awarded EU ETV (Environmental Technology Verification) certification
which officially validates a number of key process performance outcomes including :
- Ability to treat feedstocks that contain 20% physical contamination (including plastic, glass and metals).
- Organic materials capture rate > 95%.
- Substrate purity from physical contamination > 99.9%.
’s substrate is proven to :
- Enhance gas yield.
- Reduce digester retention time.
- Produce a digestate that is virtually free from physical contamination.
Gemidan Ecogi A/S is looking to sell ECOGI worldwide with a Comprehensive Service package that includes:
- Bespoke layout design.
- On-going maintenance support.
can be used as a dedicated front-end pre-treatment process at an AD facility
or as part of a centralised processing plant
producing a high-quality substrate for distribution to a network
of anaerobic digestion facilities.